BTG'S MOVIE, PENGUIN BLOOM IS #1 AT THE AU BOX OFFICE
Claim to Fame:
New York Times mega-selling author, special forces soldier, adventure sportsman, champion strongman, qualified cosmonaut, renowned wildlife expert, international wildlife conservation leader, and TV host.
• BTG is the world’s highest selling humor author, with numerous New York Times bestsellers and industry awards, and global sales in excess of 30,000,000 copies across 115 countries.
• His 1999 breakout title, The Blue Day Book, is still the world’s highest selling gift-book. • BTG’s most recent international best-seller, Penguin Bloom – The Odd Little Bird Who Saved a Family, has just been made into a major motion picture, produced by Reese Witherspoon
• The much-anticipated sequel to Penguin Bloom – Sam Bloom: Heartache & Birdsong – was just released. • Two-time Australian Book of The Year winner (2000 and 2017).
• Awarded the Order of Australia in 2014 for his services to literature and wildlife conservation (the equivalent of a British Knighthood, or the Presidential Medal of Freedom).
• BTG’s international bestseller, Penguin Bloom, has just been made into a major Netflix movie, starring Naomi Watts and Andrew Lincoln. The world premiere took place at the 2020 Toronto International Film Festival, and all international distribution rights have been sold.
• Voice artist for PIXAR’s animated blockbuster, Finding Nemo (numerous characters, including: Gerald the choking Pelican, “Mine Mine” Greedy Seagulls, “Hey Hey” Angry Crab, and Marlin’s Story Albatross).
• BTG’s identification of a gigantic Alaskan late-Pleistocene hybrid brown bear sub-species, following years of field research in the Alexander Archipelago, was presented on Animal Planet in a documentary special. • BTG leads or funds at least one wildlife conservation program on every continent. • Governor of Taronga Zoo/Taronga Conservation Society (Australia), Founding Patron of Painted Dog Conservation Inc (Zimbabwe), Honorary International Conservation Program Ambassador for Fort Worth Zoo (USA), and Life Benefactor of Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust (UK).
• Creator, EP, Head Writer & Star of Adventure Beast – An original Netflix scripted live-action/animated wildlife comedy (July 2021 release).
• EP & Host of Little Giants (Animal Planet)
• EP & Host of Fear Island: Fortress of the Bears (Animal Planet)
• Featured Expert for Nature’s Strangest Mysteries: Solved (Animal Planet)
• Resident Wildlife Expert on Chelsea Lately (E!)
• Resident Wildlife Expert on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (CBS)
• Commissioned Officer Graduate of The Royal Military College (the equivalent of USMA West Point). • Paratrooper Platoon Commander and XO Delta Company in the Australian Army’s elite 3rd Battalion 3RAR(Para).
• Specialist Combat Qualifications include: Airborne Operations, Air Mobile Operations, Survival Training, First Class Marksman, Mine Warfare (Instructor), Anti Handling Devices (Instructor), Chemical-Biological Radiological-Nuclear Warfare/Defense, Unarmed Combat, Heavy/Anti-Armor Weapons (Instructor), and Heavy Machine Guns (Instructor).
• Cosmonaut Graduate of the Russian Space Program (2004, Star City, Moscow).
• Chairman of the National Poetry Prize for six years.
• 3-Time Executive Creative Consultant in Residence at Walt Disney Imagineering’s elite Blue Sky think tank. • French Polynesian Rock-Lifting Champion (2006, Ha’a’piti, Moorea).
• A formally adopted member of the Deisheetaan clan of the Native American Tlingit People of Alaska. BTG’s given Tlingit name is Yáa Gí Yéil (Raven by the pond).
• Has endured 21 major surgeries, countless sutures, and 7 treatments for rabies.
• Much of BTG’s body has been scarred and disfigured during regrettable wildlife encounters (his left nipple was gored by a reindeer, then clawed by an Arctic fox, and his right nipple was bitten by a Mexican jack fish), BTG contracted chlamydial conjunctivitis from Koala urine in his eyes, and on at least one occasion his face was sexually assaulted by a giant bat.
BTG is a semi-indestructible literary action man. There are possibly four or five people in the world capable of doing what he can do, and BTG is at least three of them.